Tuesday, May 1, 2018

The Himalayan Adventure - A Dream Ride of 25 Days | TRAVELOGUE

Leave a Comment

Dream Ride | Bangalore to Ladakh | 25 Days, 5175 Kms

Check the Ride Report and Trailer here


Day1: Bangalore to Delhi.

Our flight to Delhi was at 5:55am. Had to reach Bangalore Airport 2hrs before departure. My friend Nitesh stayed at my place so that we start together. Reached home late, was pretty tired and exhausted, mind wasn't working normal and as usual last minute jobs: charging phones, cams, copying songs/music etc. Took a bath and finally laid down on the bed around 1:15 am. Got up at 2:15 am. That 1hr sleep felt so good. Left home at 3am. Cab dropped us at the airport by 4am.

Had never been inside an Airpot. Airport was looking posh. The outside view was spectacular. Also my first time in flight. So was pretty excited. Took lot of pictures and videos :p

Note: Carrying bungee chords, tubeless kit (any sharp objects) will be an issue during luggage checking at airport. And Liquid, only 150ml is allowed.

We were aware of the liquid part, so were carrying Empty bottles. When the security guy saw some sharp objects inside my bag(in the scanning camera) he asked me to open all the items in the bag one by one and place it in a tray. I explained that its for our bike Ride so he said this time its fine but next time do not carry any sharp objects.

Reached Delhi by 8:30 am.

Airport terminal to Dhaula Kaun(its a place in Delhi) by Volvo.

Dhaula Kaun to VRL Kirtinagar Depot by Auto.

Though we had parceled both our bikes to Kirtinagar Depot, only one bike(Nitesh's) was there at Kirtinagar depot. They said my bike was in Rama Road Depot close by(4.5kms) and have to collect from there. So we thought of first taking delivery of Nitesh's bike and then going to Rama Road. But first we needed Petrol. So kept our luggage there. Carried the bag with valuables and went to Petrol pump(around 1km away) to fill petrol in the empty bottles we were carrying. In that 1km walk we realized that its going to be tough Riding in Delhi. The heat was getting to us. We were sweating like anything and feeling exhausted with no food, no sleep, even carrying those small back packs and walking was damn tiring. Had tea at a small tea stall and after that we felt better.

Now here's the twist, once we came back with Petrol to VRL Office, they said my Bike has not reached Rama Road Depot and its still in Gurgaon.(Bilaspur Depot). This was totally unexpected. We had sent the bike 10 days back and also I had checked with the consignment Id and had seen that the bike has reached Bilaspur TPT some 4 days back itself. So it was hard to believe that the bike had not left Bilaspur depot even after 3-4days. This was a big goof up by VRL.

I called up the guy we booked our Bikes with, who's also the incharge of Bangalore logistics and spoke several times, explaining, requesting etc. But they said Bike would reach Kirtinagar only the next day evening and even that's not guaranteed. When we insisted that the bike be delivered to Kirtinagar since our plan was to leave Delhi asap and get to Punjab on Day1 and we had planned everything accordingly, they started giving excuses and instead asked me to go to Bilaspur to collect the bike if I need it the same day and that was the only option.

I was pretty dis-appointed and pissed off with this response but still trying to think of the best possible option. Time was already 10:30am then. No breakfast yet.

Now Bilaspur(Gurgaon) was 70kms from Kirtinagar in opposite direction to our route to Punjab. How would we navigate to and reach that place in that heat and then come back the same way(70kms) again to Delhi? Wasn't keen on taking a bus/metro in that heat. Also this to and fro journey of 70kms all alone in Delhi just seemed unreasonable.

We could take Nitesh's bike and go after getting it out of the cage. But with the luggage on the bike there was no space for pillion. Also my helmet and Riding gear was with my Bike. Other option was to halt at Delhi for 2 days. We weren't keen on that either. I went Blank!

Collected the address and phone number of Bilaspur depot and confirmed through consignment Id that my Bike is still with them. After some thought, Nitesh said its better to take his bike and we go to Bilaspur together. Used some common sense, kept the heavy luggage at VRL, borrowed a helmet from the VRL guy by requesting, carried only Riding gear and bags with valuables and decided to go together to Bilaspur in Nitesh's bike, collect my bike, fill petrol and come back to Kirtinagar, collect all the luggage, return the helmet and halt at Delhi for the day and start afresh to Punjab the next day.

The staff at Kirtinagar Depot initially weren't even keen on taking the bike out of the cage. After complaining, they started to untie the tags etc. We joined hands and untied the tags with the help of a knife. Now there's a rubber belt which secures the bike inside the cage and the staff struggled to loosen this belt. This turned out to be the nail in the coffin. After numerous attempts by different persons, they finally asked us for the Knife to cut the belt. The Bike finally came out of the cage by 11:30am. Paid 100rs to the workers there on demand. By the time we moved out of the place it was already 12pm.

Plan was to reach reach Bilaspur by 2pm, Have lunch somewhere on the way, Take delivery of my bike and Ride back to Kirtinagar by 6pm.

We first got a tank full for his bike in the same petrol bunk where we had got the bottle filled. The Ride from Kirtinagar to Bilaspur was a tough one. The heat was unbearable, add to that the Delhi midday traffic. I was happy to see Nitesh ride the bike calmly and carefully not losing his cool anywhere. Safely first, everything next was the Mantra.

Riding as Pillion with a backpack was damn tiring. Drank some Juice and water. Covered around 45-50kms without any stops (my toughest and longest Ride as Pillion). Probably because of the heat and lack of sleep and food.

Stopped for lunch and took a much needed break. Time was around 3:30pm. Felt better after lunch and resumed the Ride to VRL Bilaspur Depot, which was not too far. On reaching Bilaspur we came to know that the location shown on maps for VRL Bilaspur TPT(Pataudi Road) is the old one. The current location is not updated on maps. We moved here and there asking people who were clueless. Called up the VRL guys again, asked for address, directions and contact numbers. Finally reached Bilapsur TPT and collected my Bike.

VRL Bilaspur was a big Depot, similar to VRL Depot in Dobaspet, Blore. The workers here had some idea about the palette. They could easily loosen the rubber belt but again struggled to loosen the bolts near the bottom of the cage to get the bike out.

We were kind of exhausted at this point. Our only consolation was that both the Bikes were totally safe and did not have any damages. My bike was with Riding gear and the heavy luggage (tankbag, saddle bags, rucksack) plus the bag that I got by flight.

Pulled some petrol from Nitesh's bike to my Bike using the pipe and bottle we were carrying.

I took a long time to move the contents from one bag to another, fix the luggage on the bike and secure everything with bungee chords. Realised that its the lack of sleep and the heat which is slowing us down. All Thanks to VRL.

Decided to call it a day as soon as we reach Kirtinagar. Add to this, the security guy stopped us at the gate asking us to first show the gate pass/receipt. Now it would take half an hour to untie the bags and get the receipt out from the bags. So explained the same, but they were not ready to budge and behaved rude. Gave them a mouthful and put some sense into them that we've been roaming all over Delhi in the heat because of the goof up done by them. Finally got gate pass and moved out of Bilaspur.

Stopped at the first petrol pump, got a full tank for my bike. Stopped at a small shop, Opened up my bike's mirrors with allen key, washed face and drank lots of water.

The Ride back to Kirtinagar was pretty much uneventful. Although tired, felt much better Riding the bike as compared to riding as pillion. Took some breaks to stretch our backs every now and then.

I started noticing some noise on my bike only to find that one of the number plate screws had gone missing but the other screw was holding the plate securely. May be the number plate must have got loosened while pulling the strings attached to the bike in the palette at VRL. But couldn't stop to fix it as it was getting dark soon and the guy whose helmet we had borrowed was calling us and asking to come soon.

After Navigating through traffic, we reached Kirtinagar around Depot around 7:30pm. The guy who's helmet we had borrowed was waiting eagerly for us to collect his helmet. Poor guy. Handed over his helmet. Took our luggage, emptied the backpack contents and stuffed it into the rucksack and secured the luggage. Asked them about the lodges nearby and they suggested us to stay at Karolbagh, which was close by.

Since morning, Tying/Untying the luggage etc was taking a lot of time and was very tiring. May be because we had not slept the previous night and add to that the Delhi weather. It was so humid. We were sweating like anything.

We moved to Karolbagh and were roaming around on our bikes, looking for a lodge. In one of the Roads, we found some Restaurant and I got out of the bike to ask if they had a lodge nearby.

Just then a car guy approached and started honking as though I had parked my bike in front of his house. Seemed like he wanted me to move my bike so he could park his car on the side of the road in front of that restaurant. But what irked me was that he was so impatient. He couldn't even wait till I put my helmet on and was honking like crazy.

So I quickly got on the bike to make a move. Also the guy was kind of struggling to park the car, so we decided to just move out of there, instead of waiting for him to park and thought we'll enquire in some other place. While I was passing, the car had a sudden jerk and it almost hit me. I quickly changed direction and had a narrow escape. To my surprise, he shouted and started abusing me in Hindi. I was shocked!! Din't have any words to speak.. Just told him it was his mistake, he could've hit me and got me injured. When I saw that he was quite Old and he was actually pissed off for some reason and struggling with the steering, I felt sorry and thought okay may be I'm having a really bad day and should just keep my cool, specially in an unknown place. Luckily nothing happened, so simply moved on without arguing.

I was also looking for a mechanic shop since the bike's number plate had gotten really loose and the sound of the number plate hitting the mudguard was so irritating.

Later in one of the roads we saw the same car guy again. Don't know what he was upto. But he was still struggling to park the car. This time we were watchful. Now while reversing, he hit the car that was parked behind like 2-3 times and still kept coming back till the bumper literally popped out and the other car also got damaged. Looked like he was drunk and out of his senses. This time we were safe but shouted- "ey ey ey ey" when his car was brushing against the other car with a screeching noise. He eventually moved out after a few jerks and drove away fast like crazy before anyone could catch hold of him. We couldn't stop laughing :D That made our day.

It was almost 9-9:30pm when we finally found a lodge for the halt (Shimla Heritage, Karolbagh). They said we could park our bikes on the foothpath beside the Road and it'll be safe. We were really apprehensive about leaving our bikes on the side of the road in a street like that without any security. But they said they also leave their Activas around on the footpath/Road all night. Now the issue was that the footpath was not at the same level as the Road and I wondered how would I get my bike on there. Although there was a small space, I was afraid that the lower fairing on my Bike would definitely get a hit. So decided not to take that risk and to leave my bike on the Road itself with a wheel lock or something and just help Nitesh to park his Pulsar on the footpath.

May be looking at my Super bike and at how concerned I was, the staff said we could park our bikes inside the lodge itself and got the owner's approval. That sort of sparked a smile on our face. But again, how would the bikes go inside? The lodge's floor was not at the same level as that of the footpath. They said don't worry we'll do some jugaad. That's what Delhi is famous for!

We untied the luggage and took it inside the lodge. The lodge was really cool and clean and looking posh with the lights. We thought are they really going to let us take our Bikes inside?

They got some 4-5 small wooden planks which even had some nails sticking out, unlike the big flat ones we had imagined. Not the best jugaad, but we somehow managed to get the bikes in with the staff's help. I was scared the whole time that my Bike's lower fairing would get a hit. But the staff were really careful, specially with my bike. Finally our Bikes were safely parked inside the lodge and we were Happy. By 10:30pm, we had checked in.

The staff were very co-operative. The room was neat. A/c was cool. Dinner was damn good and spicy. (Hot and sour soup, Aloo Parantha with Dal). Took a hot water bath, kept our phones etc for charge and by 12:30am or so, we called it a day, deciding to change plans and start late the next day to get some good sleep and much needed Rest.


Day2: Delhi to Ludhiana.

The previous day's tiring and hectic affair ensured that we got up late. More importantly, we had to change our plans since we had already lost a day and a half all thanks to the goof up by VRL.
We checked the maps and thought of covering as much distance as possible and thought of reaching either Ludhiana(316Kms) or Jalandhar(377Kms) by night.

We skipped breakfast as it was already lunch time and had tea instead. It was quite a hot day. I had even got some sunburns on the chest may be because I had left the jacket slightly open at the top while Riding. It was time to use the sunscreen I was carrying for the first time ever in life :P

We quickly got ready and checked out. Once again, we had the herculean task of mounting our luggage on the bike. As usual, by the time we were done, we were dropping sweat. Quite a workout! Carefully got our Bikes out. You can see this in the video. This time we ourselves had arranged the planks and ensured they were not moving around.

It struck me later that we should have got the Bikes out first and then mounted the luggage. So dumb!! But mounting the luggage outside in the sun at 12am in Delhi weather would have been more tiring.

Anyways we were all Set. Nithesh was carrying his hydration pack and insisted me to get one too in Decathlon(Ludhiana) as it would come handy throughout the trip. But the first thing on my mind was fixing the number plate on my Bike. Was carrying 3M tapes and scissors so thought of doing a temporary fix and see if it helps. The 3M tapes held on well and there was no vibration there after.
Now even a small job like tying some tapes around the number plate felt taxing in that heat. Asked for some water and the lodge guy obliged with some cold water.

Thought of getting out of the city, covering some distance and then have lunch somewhere on the highway. We had our maps on and as soon as we started Riding, felt cool. We were all sweaty inside the jacket. But when we Rodee beneath the trees, the wind blow felt like A/c.

I had the GoPro on the helmet and with the luggage and Riding gear, may be we looked like Aliens so people were staring at us all the way in the city and did ask us questions like where we are headed etc. At one of the signals, we met a guy(must be a motovlogger from Delhi) who wished us good luck with the Ride. Thus our Ride started on a good Note.

The Delhi city traffic was strange. Roads were good and wide enough but we saw that people were not very keen on using their indicators. Specially, the car drivers. They would change lanes without looking. Nithesh warned me about the same and we were Riding slow and steady till we hit the highways.

As we got on the main Roads, our speeds increased a bit. But it was still tough Riding in the hot weather. My phone started heating up and had to switch off the GPS. I was using one phone for music and other for GPS and that made me take some wrong turn and I lost track of the route and fell behind.

Called up Nitesh and told him to carry on Riding coz there was no point stopping and waiting for me in the heat. He anyways Rides at a higher pace than me and I would need to take more breaks since I did not have any hydration pack to sip on. So told him to keep Riding and stop only at some place with shelter and hopefully I'll catch up with him for lunch.

I was feeling tired and thirsty and had no energy to Ride fast. The Ride was getting slower and slower and quite boring. Even the item songs that I was listening to were not entertaining enough. Desperately needed a break, but there were no shops to buy water/juice. When I was looking to just stop beneath some trees to relax for some time, luckily I noticed there were some mud pots kept on the side of the Roads and I wished to get some clean water to drink.
The water was not only clean but also cold and tasty. And it was Free!! :) Even other bikers(localites) were stopping there just to have water. The pots were huge and there was enough water for everyone.

Spoke to some people there and that sort of got my mind refreshed. I took a long break there and kept drinking water every few mins till my stomach was full :D
Filled up my bottle as well and washed my face. There was a big group of guys who were travelling to punjab in their suv and itseems they stopped looking at my bike.
After the usual curious questions about gopro, bike, gps, riding gear etc they asked the name of my youtube channel and I happily shared the sticker i was carrying.

Once they left, I took out few more stickers and stuck it on the bike, on the saddle bags and my Jacket. Once I did that, I felt like a motoVlogger who's out for Subscribtion Campaign :D
Anyways, my mood was refreshed and I thought now I can Ride fast and try catching up with Nithesh. I knew that even he would have taken some long break at some or the other place because of the heat and the boring highway. On the way I noticed the DrinkingWater Mud Pots kept at many places. Such a great initiative. Thanks to whoever set this up.

Rode nonstop at a good pace but still Nitesh was no where to be seen. It was already 3:30pm and no Breakfast/lunch. Was damn hungry. So stopped at a Dhaba before Murthal(Haryana) for lunch. Having food at odd times in the pursuit of covering more distance started from the first day itself.

Called up Nitesh and shared location on whatsapp. He was some 20kms ahead of me as per HereMaps. So told him to have Lunch and keep Riding and that we'll catch up later somewhere.
He must have been cursing me that on first day itself we were split and I was making him Ride Solo :p But my itention was to Ride as much as possible and hopefully cross Ludhiana and reach Jalandhar by 10-11pm. Getting accomodation in Punjab would not be a problem at all since Punjabi's are known for their helpful nature and hospitability.

The food was damn good and spicy. Roti and Channa dal with onions and mirchi.
Got the first taste of proper North Indian food and I loved it. I emptied 2-3 jugs of water and also had juice and tea to keep me fresh and hydrated. The Dhaba people were very hospitable. They even told me to take a nap on the charpai and get some Rest. But I was already lagging behind and had to catch up with Nitesh. There was a small water tank near the Dhaba and I washed my face and took a mini head bath of sorts which completely cooled me down :)
I was all set for the next non stop lap to catch up with Nitesh. Also carried a chilled water bottle and juice to have on the way.

I had forgotten to switch on the music in my mobile, so just few 100mts from the dhaba, I stopped on the side and as soon as I stopped, Nithesh just came and stopped in front of me.
Surprisingly, he was behind me and he had also stopped for lunch somewhere before the dhaba where I had my lunch itseems. So the non stop cruising at good speeds had indeed helped me catch up with him. But the map said he was ahead of me by 20kms so clearly I had misread the map or the map had misread my location :D

We discussed that from here onwards we'll Ride together and we shall Ride only till Ludhiana(269kms from Murthal). It was around 4pm, so we would reach Ludhiana by 9pm.
But in our minds, we still had hopes of reaching Ludhiana by 8pm itself and Riding further ahead to reach Jalandhar by 9-10pm because Jalandhar was just 60kms from Ludhiana. It all depended on the road condition and the number of breaks we would take.

On the highway, as we neared Punjab, we saw many Punjab Govt. vehicles. We were overtaking all of them one by one :p Meanwhile I crossed the 30,000Kms milestone on my Bike :)

We kept taking breaks every now and then, to have water or to adjust the earphones/gloves/bottle or just to stretch our back. Whoever was ahead, Nithesh or me, would wait for the other, just after a toll and we would catch up.

But on the nice roads, Nitesh's pace would increase and I would fall behind.

By 8:30pm, I almost came close to Ludhiana. Called up Nithesh and he was 7kms ahead of me, so he said he'll book the lodge. Also we thought of filling petrol(tank full) and halting in some lodge on the highway so that it'll be easier for the next day and we can start early morning and cover some good distance. Sadly that never happened.

Here's what happened-
We thought instead of wasting time, since Nithesh was ahead, he can find a lodge, share its location with me and I can just follow up. Then we can fill up our tanks somewhere on the way and can have dinner together once we reach the lodge. But it was only easier said that done.

As I neared Ludhiana, there was a junction and some turns. It was totally deserted and pitch dark without any lights other than my bike's. Trusted my gut feel and went straight ahead thinking Nitesh also would have gone ahead to find a lodge on the highway itself. So I can simply Ride on till I find some civilization(lodge/restaurants) and then slow down.

After some time, when I called Nitesh, he told he had taken a turn at the junction itself which would lead to Ludhiana city and he's booked a Oyo room somewhere inside the city, since he dint find any on the highway. He told me to come back to the junction and call again. I had gone ahead of the junction by a few good kms so had to take a U-turn and get back to the junction to enter the city.
To take a U-turn, I had to first find a break in the divider(median) and to my bad luck, the highway here was like a toll road/expressway. There was no median at all.

I rode ahead for more than 10 mins(>10kms) and then finally found a place where there was a small break in the divider and I could manage to take a U-turn.
From there, I Rode back another 15kms to the junction. This took more than half an hour although I was doing > 100kmph. I felt like, by now, I would have reached Jalandhar itself had I Rode straight ahead :D

Anyways, once I reached the junction, I was releived and thought no more confusions. But the internet was off. No proper signal. Somehow entered the city with the help of GPS. But I was not sure if this was the route which Nitesh had taken. I reached a shop where they were pulling the shutters down. All the other shops were closed. So this was the only place with some lights. Time was 9:15pm. Took a break and called up Nitesh and got the address(area name). Asked the locals for directions.

In Punjab, whenever I would stop or slow down, people would get curious and ask lot of questions.
Funny thing was people would assume that since I've come from so far in Bike and with so much luggage and all. I would know all the places and directions through some device. So when I asked for a place, they would just answer in a phrase and then go on asking a series of other questions.
What is that you are wearing? what does the camera do? what is this? what is that? etc. They would enthusiastically talk and comment among themselves and make lot of weird guesses and assumptions about everything.

After sometime the signal was back and I also got the location Nitesh had shared on whatsapp. Now the map led me through some narrow roads and I just followed the directions.
All the while, I was thinking, "why Nitesh why?? why did you book a room in such interiors? why not just stay on the highway".
The fog lights were very helpful since some places were totally dark without any street lights.

Found a petrol pump which was still open, so thought of getting a full tank. I was just few kms from the lodge now. While filling petrol, many enthusiastic youngsters and middle aged men gathered around me. Basically whoever was around and coming there to fill petrol would get amused on seeing me and they would come close to find out more.

My white Bike looking like a Beast with all the luggage and me in black armour with stickers and reflectors and a gopro on my helmet might have caught their attention. By now, I was used to all the attention but I did feel like a Knight in shining armour :p

They were also amazed that I was from Karnataka and could understand them and speak Hindi as well. I was trying to speak to Nitesh on phone, but I could hardly hear him because of the big group of people around me. No where in India have I seen people with such enthusiasm and friendliness as Punjabis, that too at that time of the hour.

I was totally exhausted and answering all their questions politely was testing my patience.
I told them I've to go now to find a lodge and they were like- arey don't worry we'll show you where to stay, just come with us.. I thanked them and told the stay is already booked and my friend is waiting.

As I moved on, strangely the roads got narrower and I felt as if I'm moving away from the commercial part of the city since there were no shops around. Finally I reached a place where I could not go further. Map was asking me to go straight ahead but it was a dead end. There was this huge white palace kind of structure in front of me. Definitely a religious place like Gurudhwara. Looked like it was built in marble. There were lot of people moving around. Old men, even women and children. And all eyes were on me.

This time I was scared and wondered if I was looking like a terrorist with my face mask, black jacket, gloves and all. Strangely nobody dared to come closer although they were all staring at me for quite some time. There was a bridge on the right and I parked my Bike below that bridge, in front of a car, to avoid the attention.

The phones were low on battery. Net was damn slow and going off sometimes. My mind was not at all working. Called up Nitesh and he was like -"where the hell are you, man?? You said you'll be here in 10 mins. I've been trying to call you." He was calling to my other cell which was inside the tankbag and it had no network.

I told him im totally tired of navigating and not finding that place and the Map has gone crazy. Its showing only one way and that's over that Gurudhwara :p

He said relax, take a break and share your location and that he'll check and call back. I was using HereMaps app, because the location sent on whatsapp would open in Heremaps by default. There was no option to open it with google maps. Also heremaps can be used for offline navigation. No need of network once the location is set.

He said I'm indeed in front of some Gurudhwara(Gurudhwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib) and I had to be on that bridge below which i was standing and the lodge is just some 2.5 kms away. I said give me some time, I'll open the location in google maps somehow and navigate.

I was wishing to visit some Gurudhwara in Punjab and here I was standing right in front of one. But I could not go inside leaving my bike and luggage. Also I was damn tired.

Then, I got an idea. If I open the location from whatsapp in my other phone(Samsung), it should open in google maps because thats the only map application in that phone. But problem was that there was no network in that phone(Samsung). So I created a hotspot with the phone(Redmi) that I had network on and connected my other phone through wifi. Forwarded the location to my other number on whatsapp(even Nitesh had shared) and Voila!! now I could open the location and navigate using googlemaps. Plugged in the earphones to that phone and started Riding.

Finally, I reached the lodge- "Hotel Silver Haze, Mall Road, Ludhiana". But only according to google map. I was at a Chowk(Roundabout Junction) and the google lady says:- "You've arrived at your destination. Your destination is on the left". I was like-"Fuck u!! there's nothing on the left here. Its a empty road."

I thought the lodge must be on this road to the left and I can figure out myself and I took the left turn. The lodge was actually 100mts behind the Chowk(Roundabout). From here, I was again lost. The map was re-routing and started giving directions. I thought Ok, now its showing the correct place.
After some time I was at the same Roundabout junction again and heard- "You've arrived at your destination. Your destination is on the left" :D I was like: "Ninn.. $%#@!".

Anyways shared my location with Nitesh and asked him to come out to the road and make some noise :D coz I must be somewhere near. He said you've gone ahead. Have to come back a little.
Took a U-turn at the Roundabout and after some 100 mts saw Nitesh waving on the other side. Finally!!!

He was like- "Why are you roaming all around Ludhiana man? Can't you keep your eyes open and navigate properly :p"
Me: "Nin swalpa sumnirappa. City olaagade book maadbittu.. Namm kasta namig gotthu. Full exhausted. Thale ne Odthilla alli :D "

I asked when did you reach here? He said long long ago :p He had even taken bath and was watching TV itseems.

Untied the lugguage and the roomboy carried it inside the room. Usually I carry my own luggage but not this time. I said- "Please Helmet aur tankbag chodke, sab uthalo."
The A/c was not working. So we shifted to another room and then went for dinner. Finally, another hectic day and we were not in a mood to start the next day early.

Lessons learnt:-

"Always Ride together and stay close, specially within the city. Navigating using map in an unknown place can become difficult due to numerous reasons".

"Duing long rides, stay as much as possible on the highway to avoid the hassle of Riding within the city. City Ride will consume lot of time and get you tired."

"Offline maps do not work as well as Online maps."

"Use some popular landmarks nearby to navigate to a place instead of tracing a specific remote place".

to be continued...

If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It


Post a Comment

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.